Thursday 5 September 2019

Lights at last....and a whole lot more


Its been a while but I finally managed to get the lights working in the house, and what a difference it makes to the overall feel of it. It's starting to come alive now.











I've been making a couple of fire surrounds too one for the blue morning/drawing room and one for the dining room. I made them from Bass wood which is very light and used for model making. After adding a couple of trims I painted them white then added some brick effect to the inside. Still have to get the actual fires but that's further down the line.



I might highlight them with some gold later on I will see how the rest of the decor goes.

*************

Below is the first attempt at panelling for the morning room, it was okay but I really wanted it a bit more refined so I binned that lot and started again



I ended up changing the shade of blue as well this one is a bit lighter and looks a lot better. This time I made the panels on card and used some cutting dies for the top and bottom, I mounted these on to the same card and this will then be stuck to the walls. I spent the whole day yesterday doing all three walls ....I was on a roll so just kept going till it was done. I'm really pleased with them now but have still to attach them to the walls, that's a job for another day.






 below is the cutting die I used



One more update to go

Tiny plates and perfume bottles. The plates were made with pearl card and a 1 inch craft punch I then put on tiny nail decals and painted them with clear varnish. I will make some with Fimo clay later on but I just had this idea and had to try it. Happily it worked well, and was really cheap to make.




The little perfume bottles were made with glass and crystal beads and are 15mm high, the silver plate is made with a craft punch and craft card again. 



Well that's it for this update at last I can see some progress happening and I will be doing the panels in the other rooms soon. I have ordered some doors too as I need them fitted before I can fit the panels......as I found out when I tried to fit them.
Bye for now...



3 comments:

  1. Wow, Vera you have done so much. Loving the lights. As you say it brings it to life and how life like it looks. Fireplaces, plates and perfume bottles look amazing! Well done you, keep up the good work and updates ❤️Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Vera I don't have the patience for the miniature work it is looking brilliant ����xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you will update when I have the panels on xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit today I really appreciate it and would love to hear any comments you wish to make