Tuesday 15 January 2019

A New Dolls House, Georgian era


Hello again, It's been a long time since my last post it seems that life sometimes gets in the way of crafting.
I have been retired now for 2 years, which has completely flown by, but it now affords me the time to devote to my crafting hobbies one of which is miniatures.
  My Husband bought me a new dolls house for Christmas and I will be posting my progress building and furnishing it here as often as I can so I hope you will join me and enjoy seeing how it all comes together. No doubt there will be a few mistakes made along the way but as I found out over the years of crafting it's part of the fun.
 The house is called The Dalton and is in kit form and was purchased from Dolls House Direct
Below are a few pics of the build so far.

the kit as it arrived very well packed and all in good condition

The kit is laser cut so there should be little or no sanding required

pic of the finished house unpainted

I have built the shell, drilled holes for the light fittings and at the moment I am doing a dry run fit of the staircase, not easy as it turns out, mainly because I want to put a door in at the back of the entrance hall and the stair platform is not high enough for the door to fit under it so some kit bashing is on the cards. It will work out I'm sure It's just a matter of working out the height I need and configuring the stairs to suit.  Sounds like a plan.



I'll be back soon with more Dalton updates.Take care

Veronica




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today I really appreciate it and would love to hear any comments you wish to make