Tuesday 22 January 2019

The Dalton House progress


Moving on with the build this week I have inserted the room dividers and made the grooves along the floors for the lighting wires.  Using a Stanley knife I cut a line to the centre back wall of the house as this is where I intend putting the control switch and cut out a channel deep enough for the wires to be below the level of the floor, these will be covered with tape and whatever flooring I choose for each room.... now I can continue with the internal painting.
 Firstly I painted the walls and ceilings with a watered down white emulsion to seal the MDF this dries in about an hour if you are in a hurry to paint on further, but I left it overnight while I decided what to paint next.


Channels for the wires leading from the drilled holes to the centre back wall




Next I decided to make a start on painting the 15 windows (insides) that came with the kit this is quite a lengthy process  as they need painting on the insides round the panes and on both inside and outsides , I used vinyl silk emulsion for this meantime but I may use eggshell as a final coat it depends how they look when dry.



That's it for today I'm off to paint more windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your visit today I really appreciate it and would love to hear any comments you wish to make